Knihovny na zámku Konopiště
|Klíčová slova||Konopiště – castle library – Habsburg – Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria – early printed books|
|Citace||MAŠEK, Petr. Knihovny na zámku Konopiště. Acta Musei Nationalis Pragae – Historia litterarum. Praha: Národní muzeum, 2021, 66(1-2), 79–86. DOI: https://doi.org/10.37520/amnpsc.2021.006. ISSN 2570-6861 (Print), 2570-687X (Online). Dostupné také z: https://publikace.nm.cz/periodicke-publikace/acta-musei-nationalis-pragae-historia-litterarum/66-1-2/knihovny-na-zamku-konopiste|
The first library at Konopiště Castle was built by František Karel Přehořovský of Kvasejovice at the turn of the 18th century, but it was later scattered and its traces can be found in various places. After the sale of the castle in 1887, the second library, established by the counts of Wrtba, was moved to Křimice Castle. The current library was founded by the new owner of the castle, Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria. He had brought to Konopiště an older library created by the counts of Fünfkirchen and the counts of Stadion-Warthausen from Chlum Castle near Třeboň. He also added the library of his father, Archduke Karl Ludwig. Franz Ferdinand received a number of books as gifts from their authors. He supplemented some fiction books with evaluation notes. The library contains legal, political and historical works, especially on the history of Austria and the Habsburg dynasty, as well as works on hunting, natural sciences and militaria. It can be assumed that the library was also enriched by his wife Sophie, Duchess of Hohenberg, and their children, who signed mainly textbooks and works for youth.