Historie vlašimského zednářského parku / History of the Masonic park in Vlašim

Pages 55–62
Citation POKORNÁ, Veronika . Historie vlašimského zednářského parku / History of the Masonic park in Vlašim . Acta Musei Nationalis Pragae – Historia litterarum. Prague: National Museum, 60, 60(3-4), 55–62. DOI: https://doi.org/. ISSN 0036-5351.Also available from: https://publikace.nm.cz/en/periodicals/amnphl/60-3-4/historie-vlasimskeho-zednarskeho-parku-history-of-the-masonic-park-in-vlasim
Acta Musei Nationalis Pragae – Historia litterarum | 2015/60/3-4

The article explains origins of the Vlašim Park established around 1775. At that time, Prince Carl Joseph and Maria Josepha of Auersperg owned the manor and thus later on, not understanding the symbolic nature of the park, historians credited the couple with authorship of the park. During early stages of its creation, the park was decorated with a lot of fabriques – fine pieces of garden architecture, e.g. Ancient gazebo, Gothic castle, Turkish mosque, grotto, Chinese pavilion, Turkish baths, hermitage, etc. Uninitiated readers, unfamiliar with wider historical context, might perceive these decorations, inhomogeneous both chronologically and geographically, as mere Romantic accessories. Interpreting the iconography of the period and several fabriques, using historical maps and quoting both historical and modern researchers, the article uncovers the true creator of the park. The park that reflects Masonic philosophy lived by its creator. Understanding the implicit Masonic meaning, informed readers and park visitors will understand huge information value of this piece of cultural heritage and philosophical and spiritual legacy of the park author.

Full Text of the Article

Share on Social Networks




Rozumím